Ardrahan National School
Built in 1887 of limestone and mortar on approximately a quarter acre site given by a member of the Nolan family. It consisted of two big seperate rooms each with an independent front hall entrance, one for the boys and one for the girls. It commenced as a two -teacher school, Master Finnerty, Tubrid, Ardfert and Ms. Hogan (of Nolan Descent), Abbeydorney. It was amalgamated about 1927 and was then a three-teacher school - Mrs Donovan, Principal, Ms. Walsh and Ms. Sheehy all natives of Abbeydorney. It also served as a Voting Centre and was used as a local Defence training Centre during World War 11. Later it became a two-teacher school again, Master Dunne, Camp and Mrs McMahon, Ballyheigue. It closed in January '68. Teachers Master O'Connor, Tralee and Mrs Kennelly (nee Lynn), Abbeydorney.