The school was built in 1933 and was originally divided into two halves - one for the boys and one for the girls. In later years they merged as one school. Our school is situated in the heart of Claddagh Village, one of the oldest and most historic parts of Galway.
It is a relatively large school of approximately 360 pupils, is co-educational and has a teaching staff of over 40. In addition to the usual school facilities, we have a Craft Centre, a Special Needs Unit, a School Band and most recently a networked laptop trolley unit was developed which serves as a mobile computer room. We have also successfully integrated children with special needs and multi-national pupils into our school.
Click here to find out more about our Craft Centre.
Click here for more on Claddagh School Band.