Robotic Nature Quiz
These questions and answers show the research the children
did. They also show the difficulty they had in wording questions and answers
and in framing questions so that there would be just one possible answer. The
True or False questions are also interesting.
- What are the worlds largest land animals?
- What keeps the elephants cool?
- How tall is the male lion?
- True or False. In Austrila the native swan is black.
- True or False. The leopard seal can grow up to 3.5 metres long.
- Why do gardeners love the ladybird?
They eat green flies.
- Which bird flies to Africa? A. Swallow B. Wild Duck. C. Brent Goose?
- Which animal has long eyelashes?
- Which cow is black and white? A. Jersey B. Friesian C. Guernsey?
- Where would you find lions ?
- A desert tortoise is 35 cm long. True or False?
- A peacock has 35, 22, or 42 feathers in his tail?
- Where does the Kit fox live?
- Spiders can live under water. True or False?
- Name a Spring flour beginning with C.
- How high can a flea jump?
8 to 10 inches.
- Name a nocturnal animal.
A snake can kill a human True or False?
- Which bird dose not build a nest?
- What is the name of a Daddy sheep.?
- What do pigs really like to do?
Roll in the mud.
- What type of ears do pandas have A big, B small, C medium?
- The male kangaroo can grow at least 2 metres tall. True or False?
- What are the only mammals that can live completely under water?
Answer a Dolphin and whale.
- Is there such thing of a elephant seal?
- What is a baby butterfly called?
- What do you call trees that do not lose their leaves?
- What is a mammy sheep called?
- What do the honey bees collect from flowers?
Nectar and pollen.
- What makes your skeleton move?
- How long can the huge blue whale hold his breath for?
Over have an hour.
Describe the swallow?
It is a blue-black colour and has a forked tail.
- How mang colours in the rainbow and what are they?
Red, orange, yellow, green,blue, indigo and violet.
- A dunlin is a sea bird. True or false?
- Name two birds that leave Ireland in the autumn?
The swallow and the cuckoo.
- An animal that feeds on its mothers milk is called a mammal can you name
any mammal ?
- What is the baby blue whale called?
- What happens when a sharks teeth wear out?
Another row of teeth takes its place.
- What is the name of the gas that we need to grow?
- What are male bees called?
- Why has the grasshopper long legs?
So it can hop.
- What does the bat do in winter?
- What does the Brent Goose do in winter?
- What are the months in autumn?
August, September, October.
- What is name of the lights on the front of a car?
- There is a balloon that can fly called a blimp true or false?
- What continent has the highest mountain in the world?
- What are the months in winter?
November, December and January.
- All macaws live in South America. True or False?
- What does the hegehog do when it meets an enemy?
It curles in to a ball.
- Why does the squirrel have a long tail?
So it will be warm in winter.
- What dose an orang utan mean?
It mates the man of the woods.
Top of Page
This is the Nature Quiz board
with the robot and some of the animals included.
Top of Page
to Projects and Robots