"DUNURLIN, a parish in the barony of Corkaquiny, in the county of Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 6 miles N.W. of Dingle, its post town. It is situated on Smerwick Bay, near Dunurlin Head, and includes part of the Sugar-loaf Mountain and the village of Glenfinna. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, value £112, in the patronage of the bishop. Public worship is held at the coastguard station. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of Kilmechedor. There are two schools. There are remains of Fort Del'Or, built in 1579 by a party of Spaniards, who were beaten off by Captain Courtney."
"FERRITERS COVE, in the parish of Dunurlin, and on the coast of the barony of Corkaguiny, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, near Smerwick Harbour. It is situated about 2 miles from Great Blasquet Island, and is a fishing and coastguard station. There are remains of an old pier, and on the N. of the cove stand the ruins of a castle."
"FORT-DEL-ORE, in the parish of Dunurlin, barony of Corkaguiny, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, a ruined fortress built by the Spaniards in 1580. It stands on the W. side of Smerwick harbour, near Sibyl-head. It was reduced soon after its erection, by Raleigh and the Earl of Ormond."
"GLENFINNA, a village in the parish of Dunurlin, barony of Corkaguiney, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland."
"SMERWICK HARBOUR, a bay on the W. coast of county Kerry, in the parish of Dunurlin, Ireland."