"KILCARAGH, a parish in the barony of Clanmaurice county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 7 miles S.W. of Listowel. It contains the villages of Ballinageragh and part of Lixnaw. The parish is about 4 miles in length, by the same in breadth. It is situated on the rivers Feale and Brick. The road from Listowel to Ardfert traverses the interior. The soil is generally good. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, value with Duagh, £262. This parish is part of the Roman Catholic district of Lixnaw. Limestone is extensively worked for agricultural purposes.
"BALLYNAGERAGH, a village in the parish of Kilcaragh and barony of Clanmaurice, in the county of Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 6 miles to the W. of Listowel. It is seated near the bank of the river Feal. A fair is held on the 29th September."
"LIXNAW, a village in the parishes of Kilcaragh and Kiltomy, barony of Clanmaurice, county Kerry, Ireland, 6 miles S.W. of Listowel. In the village, which stands on the river Brick, are the ruins of a church and of a castle, built by the Fitzmaurices in the 14th century, which was taken by Wilmot in 1600."