"KILLEENTIERNA, a parish in the baronies of Magunihy and Trughanacmy, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 4 miles S.W. of Castle-island, its post town. The parish extends over an area of 10,231 acres, and is situated along the bank of the river Brown Flesk. The road from Castle-island to Killarney traverses the interior. There is a considerable proportion of bog and heath. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, value with another, £354, in the patronage of H. A. Herbert, Esq., and six others. The church was built by the late Board of First Fruits in 1814. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and two hedge-schools."