"KILLINEY, a parish in the barony of Corkaguiny, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 11 miles N.E. of Dingle. Castlegregory is its post town. The parish is 6 miles long. The surface is hilly, with a proportion of fertile soil. On the coast are several small islands, called the Seven Hoggs, and the Magharee Isles. The former are connected with the mainland by a long neck of sandy beach, which divides the two bays of Brandon and Tralee. Tho living is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, value £338, in the patronage of the bishop. The church was a gift of the late Board of First Fruits in 1810. The Roman Catholic chapel is united to that of North Cloghane. There are three hedge-schools."