"O'DORNEY, a parish in the barony of Clanmaurice, county Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles N. of Tralee, its post town. It is 3 miles long by 1 mile broad, and contains the village of Abbeydorney. The surface is hilly, including a part of the Stacks mountains. The living is an impropriate curacy in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe. There is a Roman Catholic chapel-, also three hedge schools. Ardfert Abbey is the seat of W. Crosbie, Esq. Some remains of the church exist, but in a ruinous state."
"ABBEYDORNEY, (or Montnagee) a village in the parish of O'Dorney, in the barony of Clanmaurice, in the county of Kerry, province of Munster, Ireland, 5 miles N. of Tralee. It takes its name from the abbey of Kyrie Eleison, or O'Dorney; which was founders in 1154, for monks of the Cistercian order, who were brought from the abbey of Magio in Limerick. The name of the founder is not known. Its possessions were conferred, by Queen Elizabeth, on Trinity College, Dublin. A few remains of the building may be seen a little north of the village. In 1826 a Roman Catholic Chapel was built here, with stone front, in the later English style. It has a fine altar-piece and painting. The small river Brick flows by the village."