- Removal of the metal pipe from the water pump cover often results in breaking
of the water pump cover. Only remove the pipe if it is necessary. When removing
the pipe turn it but don't move it up and down. Maybe putting a large hose clip
over the covers flange will reduce the likelyhood of it breaking.
- You should always use new seals when reassembling the cooling system.
- Test the thermostat by dropping it into a pot of boiling water, it should
begin to open at 80°Cs and should fully open at 95°C.
Minimum valve lift at 95°C is 8mm.
- Check the rubber hoses for cracks or cuts, especially the hose that goes to
the expansion bottle.
- If some type of cooling system sealant was used in the past then you may need
to flush the system before adding new coolant.
- Coolant should be 50% deionised water and 50% etylene glycol.
- Coolant capacity:
Coolant change: 1.6L.
Total amount of coolant in system: 2.2L