The RNLB Claude Cecil Staniforth was launched in 1958. She was built at a cost of £38,500 most of which was a bequest of Mr Claude Cecil Staniforth of East Molesey, Surrey. According to George Leith her first Bowman, later Coxswain, the Lerwick crew were very happy with their new boat. All 64 shares were registered in the name of the RNLI in the Port of London, Official Number 187789, Gross Tonnage 25 69/100, Register Tonnage 16 00/100, signal letters and callsign GYNJ. Her builder's certificate dated 5th May 1958 gives her dimensions as: 52.0' in length; 13.95' in breadth; 5.45' in depth. Her yard number is 570 and it is carved into her stem, high up on the starboard side as G&G 570. Her displacement at launch was 27 tons, 12 cwts. While in the service of the RNLI ON943 launched on service a total of 183 times and saved 42 lives.
Here's the general arrangement as fitted drawing from G&G