U-10As finally overcome resilient Clontarf to set up another Cup Final appearance.

Second Replay :  Clontarf  1   Castleknock Celtic  2

After drawing twice already in the semi-final  it took took extra time to separate these two sides at St Anne's Park on Monday 20 May.

Castleknock had the better of the early exchanges with Stephen Smartt and Sean McGarrity tormenting the Clontarf defence which eventually cracked.  The opening goal game in the 10th minute when Sean McGarrity sent a perfectly-weighted pass into the path of in-rushing Cillian Daly who drove low and hard for "Goal of the Season". The goal seemed to ignite Clontarf 's game and they started to press hard down the right wing and this sustained pressure had Castleknock on the back-foot. During this period Castleknock's Ronan Flanagan took a heavy knock from a sliding tackle from Clontarf's mighty Sam, but luckily Ronan made a brave recovery to turn in a blinder at right full.

A defensive mistake by Castleknock in the 16th minute was punished by Clontarf and the half ended 1-1. Killian Brophy, Fergal Murphy and James McDermott, who must have used the first 20 minutes on the sideline to hype themselves up, came on, on the left flank at the start of the 2nd half and this trio turned in an unreal performance to break-up wave after wave of Clontarf pressure on the wing.  But Clontarf continued to attack and strike at every opportunity but
unfortunately for them they came up against a bang-on form Micheal Gately in the Castleknock goal whose magnificient handling won him "Man of the Match". The deadlock remained at the end of normal time and it was now down to which team wanted it most.

The crucial goal came in the 3rd minute of extra time when Sean McGarrity won a free at the edge of the box. Sean who took the free hit the target with a low pile-driver which rebounded to the alert Davy Canacott who unselfishly tipped it to the better-positioned Cillian Daly who gave the Clontarf keeper no chance - "2nd Best Goal of the Season". From then on Clontarf threw everything at Castleknock. It was in this period that the cool and calm Barry Doyle turned in a "Paul McGrath" type performance in defence and with Sean McGarrity dropping back support Canacott and Daly in midfield leaving Smartt on his own up front, Celtic held on for a memorable win.

Understandably, Clontarf were gutted but full credit to them for their sportmanship - immediately after the final whistle each of them approached the Castleknock players to shake hands as they tried hard to hold back the tears.

In a repeat of last season's final Castleknock now meet their old rivals Rivervalley Rangers in the final in the AUL Ocsar Traynor Road on Sunday next 26 May at 1pm. We wish them the Best of Luck.