This is a test page
To upload your own web pages with WinFTP Pro
- Select "New Site" from the profiles screen (the screen presented when the application starts).
- Fill in the profile name field, e.g. "Webpage Upload".
- Type homepage.tinet.ie in the Host field
- Fill in user name and password fields, being careful to adhere to capitalisation where applicable.
- Select the FTP tab, then click "OK".
- No other fields need to be completed. Your home directory will be selected by default on logging into
Anonymous FTP is not supported by homepage.tinet.ie.
- All web files should be placed in the public_html directory. Files
can be transferred from the local machine by selecting them (on the
right hand side of the screen) and clicking the "Copy" button. Files can
be selected in groups, using the SHIFT and CTRL keys.
- You should replace the current 'index.html' file with you own default web
page. If there is no 'index.html' file, a browser will list all other
files in your public_html directory.
- Files can be transferred from the remote site by selecting them from
the LHS of the screen and clicking "Copy". This will place them in the
current directory of the local machine. A progress indicator is shown at
the bottom of the screen during this (and the above) process.
Uploading web pages with other FTP clients
If you are using any other software please note that the hostname for uploading is
homepage.tinet.ie, and not ftp.tinet.ie
Terms and Conditions
- Personal web space is limited to 20 Mb.
- You may not upload executables or CGI scripts.
- Telecom Internet reserve the right to remove any material from its web server which is deemed
to be offensive in nature.