St Cianan's R.C. Church Duleek was the site of the first stone church in Ireland. It was dedicated to St Cianan, a bishop appointed by St Patrick. Duleek is an area steeped in the religous history of the early church in Ireland.

The present building was erected in 1812 and improved in 1869. It was extended and a new gallery built in 1966 to cope with the enlarged congregations. Refurbishment was carried out in 1989 which is commemorated by a plaque in the porch. In that year the church welcomed Cardinal Tomas O'Fiach of Armagh and two bishops of Meath plus a huge congregation to celebrate 1500 years of the Christian faith in Duleek. Much admired are the church's high ceiling, the stained glass windows and the ancient baptismal font.

Contact Us
Site designed by MOR Solutions