Index (the records are alphabetically ordered within each County by District Electoral Division and then by Townland)
1. Address: TL denotes Townland; DED denotes District Electoral Division.
2. Sex: F denotes Female; M denotes Male.
3. Religion: CI denotes Church of Ireland; Presb. denotes Presbyterian; RC denotes Roman Catholic.
4. Birthplace: Co denotes County.
5. Literacy: X denotes Cannot Read or Write; R denotes Can Read only; R + W denotes Can Read and Write.
6. Irish Language: I denotes Speaks Irish only; E denotes Speaks English only; I + E denotes Speaks Irish and English.
7. Marital Status: S denotes Single; M denotes Married; W denotes Widowed.
1. Information about marriage (years married) and children (born and living) was displayed at the wife's or mother's entry, not the husband's or father's entry, and was not usually provided if the wife or mother was widowed. In a few rare cases, the widow provided information and this was usually either erased or crossed out. Where it is still legible, this information is presented in italics.
2. County Names: County Offaly was formerly known as King's County, and County Laois was formerly known as Queen's County.
3. Our extracts are typically confined to Flannery / Flannelly (and recognised spelling variants), and only include other persons if the records indicate that they are related.