1. The Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages holds records of births, deaths and marriages that have occurred in Queensland since 1829 under a
compulsory registration system introduced on 1 March 1856 when Queensland was still part of the Colony of New South Wales.
(Queensland separated from New South Wales in December 1859.)
2. The Registry holds the following records:-
. . Births that have occurred since 1856
. . Deaths since 1856
. . Marriages since 1856
. . Baptisms and burials that occurred between 1829 and 1856
. . Church marriages between 1839 and 1856
3. We are grateful to the Director-General of the Department of Justice and Attorney-General for permission to reproduce these extracts.
Copyright belongs to the State of Queensland and the material is reproduced with permission.
Please visit their website
and contact them directly to apply for a hardcopy certificate
4. Spellings are typically as found.
5. Dates are in day / month / year format.
6. Please query suspected errors with the Webmaster
click decade in table to view entries ...
Special thanks are due to Martin W. Flannery for collating the indexed transcripts.