Dromore (big ridge)
Dromore Lake and Forest Park, 13 km from Ennis, has forest walks, picnic area and car park.
The castle besides the lake was built by Teige O'Brien, son of the Third Earl of Thomond.

Ruan Church
Not far from Dromore Lake stand the remains of a 15th century church. Both the chapel and tomb were built by Dermot O'Kerine of Owan.

Dysert O'Dea (O'Dea's hermitage)
This ancient monastic site has the remains of a Romanesque church and round tower, (12th century). The foundation is credited to St. Tola (d. 737). The White Cross of Tola is a impressive high cross with an imposing episcopal figure on the east face, surmounted by a crucifixion.
An important battle was fought on this very site in which Muircheartach O'Brien defeated Richard de Clare of Bunratty and halted the Anglo- Norman take-over of Clare. The de Clares subsequently lost Bunratty and its surrounding territory in 1318.

Quin (Cuinche - a quince tree)
Between Quin and Tulla stands the once celebrated mound of Magh Adhair where the Kings of Thomond were installed under a great oak tree. The tradition remained intact up until Elizabethan times.
Ballylickey is a wedge shaped gallery grave near Magh Adhair.
Quin Franciscan friary, now a substantial ruin, was founded by Sioda Cam MacNamara and built between 1433 and 1450. It integrates parts of a castle built by Thomas de Clare of Bunratty and destroyed by Irish forces in 1286. The monastic buildings are grouped round an attractive cloister and there is a tall, elegant tower. The friars were expelled in Elizabethan Times and attempted to return after the Queen's death, but to no avail. They remained in the area until the beginning of the 19th century.

Craggaunowen, near Quin
'The Living Past'
Ireland's original prize-winning centre dedicated to interpreting the Pre-historic and early Christian eras. Exhibits range from Bronze Age homesteads to Celtic Chieftain's residences. The "Brendan" boat is located here. "The Brendan", a recreation of the type of leather currachs used by St. Brendan the Navigator in 6th century. Coffee shop.

Knappogue Castle (Cnapog - a mound or little hill)
The castle, 5 km southeast of Quin, (originally a MacNamara stronghold built 1467), was restored in the 19th century by Lord Dunboyne. The castle passed to the Land Commission in the late 1920s and was re-sold in 1966. The new owner refurbished the interior in 15th century style. The castle is open to visitors in the daytime and medieval banquets take place at night.

Tulla (Tulach - a hill)
The village, built on a drumlin, has the remains of a medieval parish church dedicated to St. Moculla.
The area has several prehistoric gallery graves.
Limestone caves that can be explored mark the Toumeens, an underground stream, 3 km away.
Like the rest of the Clare Lakelands region, Tulla offers great fishing. Cullaun Lake also offers good sailing and the surrounding woods have forest walks and a lakeside picnic site.
Cullaun House, now in ruins, was formerly the property of Tom Steele (1788- 1848), friend of Daniel O'Connell and on the side of the Catholic Emancipation.
There is a music festival each summer.