1886
|
The Christian Brothers come to Mallow and build
the Monastery.
|
1867
|
A Primary School is built.
|
1879
|
The Patrician Brothers were invited to Mallow.
On the 15th October, five Brothers arrived. They
were Jerome McCauley, Joseph Moran, Aloysius Maher,
John O'Sullivan and Clement Byrne.
|
1902
|
The Brothers allowed the local Technical
Committee to use the premises for night
classes.
|
1904
|
The Academy was built. It was a single storey
building, joining the Monastery to the Primary
school. It was divided into two rooms by a
partition. The larger room was the Academy.
|
1911
|
The Science and Art room (present Red Corridor)
was built. It was a single story building. Night
classes were discontinued.
|
1918
|
The Academy moved to the Science and Art room.
The old Academy was then used as the National
School.
|
1924
|
A second storey was added to the National School
providing three extra classes for the Academy. 'The
Hut' was purchased from the Urban District Council.
It provided two more classrooms.
|
1936
|
A second storey was added to the Academy
(present Language laboratory), and was served by an
outdoor staircase.
|
1943
|
'The Hut' was converted into bedrooms for the
Brothers.
|
1954
|
When the National School moved to its present
location, the upper storey of St Mary's Hall was
converted into bedrooms for the large community.
'The Hut' was no longer used.
|
1960
|
The entrance to the old Primary School was
knocked down. A kitchen was built.
|
1962
|
The old Primary Classrooms were converted into
Chemistry and Biology laboratories.
|
1966
|
The Monastery's Tower and Spire were removed
|
1968
|
'The Hut' was demolished.
|
1969
|
The Red Corridor was renovated. Half the orchard
made way for tennis and basketball courts. A new
block was built providing six new classrooms.
|
1971
|
Woodwork was introduced into the school, in St
Mary's Hall. The Language Room was built.
|
1972
|
The Basement was built providing three
classrooms and an Assembly Room.
|
1973
|
A new Academy wing opened.
|
1977
|
A Woodwork Room was built.
|
1979
|
The Brothers celebrated 100 years in Mallow.
|
1982
|
The Assembly Room in the Basement was converted
into three classrooms.
|
1983
|
The Don Bosco Special Education Unit was
opened.
|
1984
|
Prefabricated buildings were constructed
providing two Drawing Rooms and two classrooms.
|
1985
|
Acquisition of playing fields.
|
1992
|
An extension added to existing school and the
monastery was converted into an administration
block, staffroom, an assembly hall and three
classrooms. The extension consisted of three
science laboratories with a tiered demonstration
room, two drawing rooms, a building construction
room and four classrooms.
|
1993
|
A modern Language Laboratory was built .
|
1994
|
A state of the art computer room was added to
the school facilities.
The last of the Patrician Brothers leave Mallow.
Christopher Mansfield becomes the first lay
Principal succeeding Brother Simeon.
|
1997
|
The school library was restored with funding
from the Parents Association.
|
1998
|
Basketball courts were built at the back of the
school.
|