The Presentation Sisters Came
to Midleton in 1834.The Convent was built on a
site granted by Lord Midleton and financed by
the Coppinger Family and Gould Trust Fund, which
had been set up in 1826 for the promotion of Catholic
Education in the Diocese of Cloyne.
The Primary School was opened in 1834 and St.
Mary's High School was opened in 1902. There have
been four major extensions to the High School
- 1960, 1970, 1979 and in 1997. It stands today
equipped to meet the requirements of modern programmes