Taken from the Vegan Society's Recipes sheet no. 2
8 medium tomatoes
2oz mushrooms, washed and chopped finely
Half a tin of bamboo slices, choped
Half tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
2tsps vegan wine or apple cider vinegar
˝oz vegan marg or 1tbs oil
1. Fry the mushrooms in the melted margarine
or oil until tey are just soft.
2. Put the chopped bamboo shoots, parsley,
mushrooms into a bowl, stir in the Tofunnaise and season with the vinegar,
salt and pepper.
3. Slice the bottoms off the tomatoes and
reserve them for lids.
4. Scoop out the centres of the tomatoes (
keeping the flesh for the gravy for the main meal ) season the
inisdes of the tomatoes with salt and pepper and fill them with the
mushroom and bamboo mixture.
5. Dab a little Tofunnaise on the top of each
one and replace the lids ( this helps hold the lids in place ) serve
chilled on lettuce leaves.