Traditionally St. Lassara was the mother of St. Fechin. There is an area in the parish called Killassar (Irish Cill Lasair, the church of Lassera). It is beside Bella, where Fechin was born.
Killasser was a prebend in the diocese of Achonry. It was granted by ‘patent from the Crown’ to Edward Crofton in 1605.
Back to St. Fechin
Back to home page