Lisboduff school, in the townland of
Lisboduff, located in the centre of Bunnoe community; was built in 1859 from local funds on one acre of land. In 1893 there were 40 boys on the roll and by 1917 there was 72 pupils on the roll. By 1909 the school had fallen into a very poor state of repair and was demolished. While the new school was being built classes continued in the hall which was built in 1924. The new school opened in January  1960; and in 1966 and 1968 pupils were transferred from
Magherintemple and Lisarney schools, on their closure.

Visitor Number



Lisboduff National School | Stories From 6th Class | More Stories from 6th Class | Stories From 1st, 2nd, 3rd Class | Stories From 1st, 2nd, 3rd Class | Survey Of Our Favourite things