Be Wise on the Net
The Internet is a fun way to learn new things and
talk to new people. Here are some tips to help you to have good experiences on
- TALK to your teacher in your school about what
you do on the Internet, especially when you find an interesting web site.
- ALWAYS keep
your name, address, phone number and passwords secret from people you may
meet on the Internet.
- NEVER send
your photo to anyone on the Internet.
- USE your
bookmark or favourites folder to store the Web sites you visit. This will
help you keep a list of all the cool sites you have visited.
- TELL your
teacher if you receive
- Emails, Web sites, chat rooms or other
messages that have pictures or words that upset you.
- An invitation to have a face-to-face
meeting with an online friend.
- An invitation to meet online friends in a private
area of a chat room.
- Emails with attachments as they may have a
virus and your teacher may need to check it before you open/download it.
- ALWAYS be
polite when in contact with others on the Internet.