Sports and leisure
Ballydehobs golf links and driving range tel. 028 37700
The West Cork Golf Academy is unique in South West Ireland. It offers full
professional tuition in every aspect of the game against a backdrop of some of the most stunning scenery in Western Europe.
The Academy provides comprehensive
training which covers all aspects of golf
and caters for all age groups of both
sexes. Special attention is given to youth
programs with overall emphasis on
friendliness and results.
Nine bay range, covered and lit.
Pitching and chipping practice areas.
Practice green with pot bunker.
Fairway bunker to range
Senior and assistant tuition.
Coffee dock, mineral bar and snacks.
The Paddle Boats
Open June to October the peddle boats offer the whole family the opportunity of
A great few hours out.
Situated on the secure inlet, near the play park at the east end of Ballydehob.
Bring the kids and maybe have a go yourself.
The Five Holes
1. Out over Bog Lake with a slight dog leg right.
The fairway splits on the approach to the green.
2. The brave or reckless golfer will cut the corner
of this right-angled dog leg. Canny golfers will
try it in two safe shots.
3. Keep Sally Lake on your left and hit towards the rising green. Avoid a flourishing young ash
tree midway and a well placed bunker by the
4. This the longest of the five holes snakes down through a narrow valley. Accuracy is required
because the green is right atop the Bog Lake.
5. The last hole plays across the edge of the Bog
Lake for a short par three. Safer approaches can
be played to right.