- 1837 Peter Purcell. [Mod 16.12.1837]
- HARLEY PARK. See also Rossneharley.
- 1784 Purefoy Poe, Harley Park. [FLJ
- 30.10.1793 Jams Purefoy son of Purefoy Poe
Esq., of Harley Park. [KK Coll]
- 31.10.1807 Mr Poe, Harley Park. [LJ]
- 25.12.1825 James P Poe, Harley Park,
trustee for Richard Clutterbuck, Co Tipperary. [Will Abs
- 1836 John Purefoy Poe, Harley Park. [Mod
- 10.3.1841 James P Poe, Harley Park. [Mod]
- 18.11.1843 James P Poe, Harley Park. [Jnl]
- 1.10.1845 J P Poe, Harley Park. [Mod]
- 24.7.1847 A R Poe, Harley Park. [KJnl]
- 1853 Purefoy Poe, JP, Harley Park, Callan.
- 31.1.1857 Purefoy Poe, JP, Harley Park.
- 1873 Mr Poe, Harlypark. [Mod 25.10.1873]
- 1876 Arthur Poe, Harley Park, Callan,
- 1884 Arthur Poe, JP, Harley Park, Callan.
- 1853 Edward Whitby Briscoe, JP,
Harristown, Carrick-on-Suir. [Thom]
- 31.1.1857 Edward W Briscoe, JP,
- 1783 To let house & demesne of
Harryville, 10a, ¾ mile of Kilkenny on Dublin Road, John
Constable on premises. [FLJ 4.1.1783]
- 24.6.1789 To set, lands of Harryville in
County of the city of Kilkenny, in Sadler versus Rev
Henry Candler. [FLJ]
- 1.8.1789 To let for three years, house and
lands of Harryville in liberties of Kilkenny. Proposals
to Nicholas Daniel, Dublin. [FLJ]
- 1769 Richard Helsham, Hebron alias
Blanchfields Lands. [Oss Wills]
- 24.7.1773 Joseph Bambrick at Hebron,
- 8.9.1773 Joseph Bambrick, Hebron. [FLJ]
- 9.10.1778 John Helsham of Hebron in
Liberties of City of Kilkenny, Esq., protestant. [Mar
- 1782 Died at Heibron, Miss Mary Ann
Helsham, dau of late Richard Dean Helsham of Heibron.
- 3.1.1795 To let house & demesne of
Hebron, 28a, less than 1 mile from Kilkenny, apply John
Helsham Esq., Patrick Street. [FLJ]
- 2.10.1802 To set, house & demesne of
Hebron, a two-roomed house and 30a, 1 mile from Kilkenny.
Apply Col. Brownrigg at Hebron. [LJ]
- 2.2.1803 Brownrigg, Hebron. [LJ]
- 28.4.1810 To set, house & demesne of
Hebron, good dwelling house & 30a, enquire of John
Watters Esq., Kilkenny. [LJ]
- 2.10.1811 To let, house & demesne of
Hebron, apply Lt Col Enery, Kilkenny Militia, Bandon.
- 25.3.1812 To let, house & demesne of
Castle Inch, apply Lt Col Enery, Heybron. [LJ]
- 23.12.1812 To let house & demesne of
Heybron, apply William Watters Esq., Patrick Street or on
the premises. [LJ]
- 3.1.1829 Died at Hebron, 2nd daughter of
George Cronyn Esq. [Mod]
- 1833 Auction at Hebron, residence of late
George Cronyn Esq. [Jnl 2.10.1833]
- 1833 To let house & lands of Hebron, 1
mile kilkenny. Late Geo Cronyn Esq. Decd. Apply Wm O
Wheeler, The Rocks. [Jnl 30.10.1833]
- 1837 Thomas Jones, Hebron. [Mod 11.11.837]
- 1839 Lt Col Jones, Hebron. [Kinder]
- 15.4.1840 Hebron House & 29a to let.
- 1840 To let, house & demesne of
Hebron, apply Major Helsham, Kilkenny. [Jnl 21.10.1840]
- 29.1.1842 Hebron the residence of Col
- 31.1.1857 M Murphy, Hebron House. [Mod]
- 19.2.1859 M Murphy, Hebron House. [Mod]
- 1870 Michael Murphy Esq., Hebron House.
- 1876 Michael Murphy, Hebron House,
Kilkenny, 151a. [Land]
- 1880 Died Michael Murphy, Hebron House.
[Grave St Johns Dublin Rd]
- 1880 Michael Murphy, Hebron House. [Will]
- HELLEN PARK.
- 26.9.1810 Oliver Latham, Hellen Park, game
- HERMITAGE, Kilkenny.
- 24.4.1774 Edward Hunt Esq., Hermitage,
- 1784 Hermitage to let with 2 or 3 parks
bounded by Nore, apply Edward Hunt. [FLJ 1.2.1783]
- 1784 To let house & demesne of
Hermitage, apply Luke Roche, Coal Market. [FLJ 26.5.1784]
- 1.9.1810 To let, house of Hermitage, 1
mile of Kilkenny, apply Mrs Hayden, Hermitage. [LJ]
- 9.3.1815 To let, house of Hermitage &
2½a, 1 mile of Kilkenny, apply Peter Loughnan Esq.,
- 1833 To let, Hermitage, 3 to 4 acres, 1
mile of city. [Jnl 3.7.1833]
- 1839 James Burnham Esq., Heritage.
- 1862 James Burnham, Hermitage. [Will]
- 1869 Ellenor Hyland, Hermitage. [Will]
- 1873 James St John, Hermitage. [Will]
- 1873 Died at The Hermitage, Kilkenny,
James Noble St John. [Mod 5.4.1873]
- 1876 Mrs St John, Hermitage, Kilkenny,
- HIGH RATH CASTLE.
- 1.3.1797 Sale of stock and furniture at
Castle of High Rath, of Thomas Murphy decd. [FLJ]
- 1801 Hillsborough, small place on the
estate of Major Reade, now uninhabited. [Tighe]
- HOLDENSRATH CASTLE, parish of St Canice,
barony of Crannagh.
- 1969 Holdensrath Castle in ruins.
HUNTINGTON [probably same as
1752 Died at his seat, Huntington, Co. KK, Wm Dillon. [GENERAL
- 1736 Anniversary of His Majestys
birthday celebrated, particularly at Huntingbrook at
house of Patrick Walsh
- 1783 Rev Guy Luther, Hunting Brook. [FLJ
- 27.9.1788 Ryan versus Rev Guy Luther,
furniture to be sold at Huntingbrooke in said [Kilkenny]
- HUNTINGTOWER, (HUNTINGTOWN, parish of
Dungarvan, barony of Gowran.)
- 1745 To let part of town & lands of
Cloghleigh called Huntintour, lately in possession &
occupation of Francis Flood. 4 m Kk, 1 mile Gowran. New
fashioned house, dove house, 9ft demesne wall. Proposals
to V Mayo. Addnl 56a of land adjoining the ...aring wall
of lands of Huntingtour commonly called the Barracks,
also to let.
- 28.3.1770 Jeffrey Nowlan at Huntingtower
near Gowran. [FLJ]
- 1782 Widow Nowlan, Huntingtower, Gowran.
- 1782 Catharine Nowlan, widow,
Huntingtower. [FLJ 20.11.1782]
- 30.9.1797 To let, lands of Huntingtower,
now in possession of Mr Blanchfield, 174a. Apply James
Kearney, Blanchfield. [FLJ]
- 28.4.1830 In Thos. John Bourke O'Flahertie
Esq & Hy John Willett & wife, sale of town &
lands of Huntingtour, 180a, in Barony of Gowran. [Jnl]
- 1969 Carrigan refers to Hunting Tower
- HYDE PARK.
- To let, 40 to 80a of Hyde Park, 5½ mile
of Kilkenny, 5 of Thomastown and 4 of Callan, quite
contiguous to village of Kells, and a newly built slate
house, apply Thomas Shirley on the premises. [LJnl]
Page Updated 22.10.2008